Are you an athlete such as a powerlifter, or training for aesthetics such as a bodybuilder or physique competitor? This will determine the fundamental principles for which your regime is built upon.
Determine the following items to put your plan together:
- The number of days you will train per week.
- The number of times each muscle group will get trained per week.
- Prioritize lagging muscle groups.
- Don’t train chest on Monday.
- Develop a strategy in which your muscles are not tired from the previous days lift. Keep a day between Chest and Shoulders, Back and Legs, and don’t train triceps before a chest or shoulder pressing day.
- Research periodization training, know your volume, increase your strength, experiment with rest-pause, drop sets, supersets, tri-sets, and quad sets (oh my).
My name is Tyler Gylland. I am 36 years old and a day one member of Metroflex Gym Fargo. My wife Kayla and I have 2 children, Bryce (9) and Chloe (6). I am the owner of TylersCut Tree Service, which has been in operation since 2012.